Cowcare Ventilation System
The Cowcare Ventilation System was designed to allow the herdsman total control over the atmospheric conditions within the dairy unit. The system operates by raising and lowering a curtain from the top to allow maximum ventilation with minimum draft.
Natural ventilation has been around since housing for livestock began. During the past decades the trend has been to ventilate confined livestock with fans, however with the advent of pollution control and high energy costs, natural ventilation has been redesigned and refined to offer a more viable and reliable source of ventilation for all types of livestock.
Suitable for any livestock housing application.
Manual hand crank option for low cost installation.
Automated motorised option with temperature control as standard.
Spans up to 60m
- Wind control – monitors wind speed and direction
- Rain control
The Roll-Up curtain, is in many ways the ultimate curtain system since it allows many options in climate control and protects the fabric from the elements.
The sidewall opening can be up to 16ft which can split into two sections with each opening having a curtain fastened along the top. Each curtain has a bottom sleeve and in the sleeve is a 1” tube or a Keder tube which wraps the fabric around it as it travels up to the centre or top of the building.
The curtain can be automatically controlled by a thermostat and wind sensors, or manually controlled. Another option is to have the top automatic and the bottom manual.
There are wall opening situations where there can be three or more roll-up curtains made to close up the wall.
As the bottom pipe turns, the curtain raises from bottom to top.
- Nice, clean appearance for your barn.
- Various material options are available for your barn.
- Very cost effective
- Curtains rolled up under the sill or eve to prevent degradation from ultra violet light, dirt, moisture and rodents.
- Manual and automatic options are available.
- Wind pipe or wind rope supports every 4′ o/c.
- Easy up gearbox for manual use.
- Plastic clamps hold curtain to pipe for consistent rolling.
- Stainless steel clamps for winter storage.